• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE studio claiming I don't have a license??

E

EliwoodGoot

Let me start from the beginning. I purchased GameMaker back in 2016 when there was that big humble bundle with it. My cat then destroyed my laptop. now that I have built a pc, i re-downloaded the program and went online to redeem my code. It says it has already been redeemed, so I'm thinking "oh okay great. So I just need to log into the studio program and I'll have access". Well i try logging in and it says no license found. Honestly at this point i just want closure, if I only purchased a limited license and wasted it so be it but I just want to know. If anyone can help I would be happy to provide any info I can but what I know so far is thus.

I purchased the HumbleBundle on 9/19/16

I spent $6.11

chamaeleon

Do you have a YoYoGames account that you can log into (which is separate from these forums and does not share login credentials)?

E

EliwoodGoot

Do you have a YoYoGames account that you can log into (which is separate from these forums and does not share login credentials)?
Yes, I am able to log in. havent been able to find somewhere to check licenses via the website though.
Thank you so much for your fast reply

okay. small update, i found an email from yoyo that clearly says i redeemed gamemaker professional. so this very much appears to be an error

ah. im an idiot. i will go ahead and consider this my fault. i own gamemaker studio classic, not 2

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
ah. im an idiot. i will go ahead and consider this my fault. i own gamemaker studio classic, not 2
glad it wasn't a license issue

you can find your license on your account page on the yoyo website, by products