• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Studio 2 HTML5 (box2D bugs)

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Spent some time yesterday with HTML5 exports from Studio 2. Mostly, it works well. My platformer games ran smoothly. So overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

But I was disappointed in box2D performance. Seems very broken. For example, using the default physics_world settings for pixel-meter scaling (0.1) and gravity (10) causes physics objects to fly out of view almost instantly.

The only way box2D works in Studio 2 HTML5, is with gravity set to about 0.1 - 0.05 or so. Same for applied forces and impulses. But with those very low settings, it behaves like the Windows exports. So maybe there's a units problem (cgs vs. mks). Or maybe a problem with pixel-meter scaling in HTML5.

I know this sounds dumb... but was box2D actually tested in HTML5 exports? I understand this is a beta version, but I'm surprised this was missed.

Box2D works beautifully in test mode and Windows exports, however.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Please file a bug with a sample project (Use a YYZ, File -> Export Project) that illustrates the problem in as few lines of code (or DnD) as possible, that way it is easier to find the bug.

You can file a bug with Help -> Report a bug in the IDE

Russell

J

JSON

I am getting the same results with the HTML5 export... physics is super strong in html5 but windows export everything works normal.