• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Studio 2- "Building... " Takes Forever

R

RolosFriend

I downloaded Game Maker Studio 2 recently. Games I try to run never make it past the "Building... " counter. The game I am trying to run now is an empty object with a sprite in an empty room. I have tried many times and have waited for two hours before, the counter just keeps going. I also tried cleaning the Project Cache, but when I do I can't run the program at all. Instead of triggering the "Building... " counter nothing happens and I have to restart the application to try running it again.

R

RolosFriend

Ah nvm, I think it was a firewall thing. I ran GM as admin and it worked fine