• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Stuck In Full Screen

V

Victor Wolf

Hey,

I'm running 2.0.3.56. Sorry if IDE wasn't the correct prefix. I wasn't sure where this belonged.

I tried to set up a menu option to toggle windowed and fullscreen. No matter what I do, I have to restart my computer in order to get out fullscreen. Even pressing ctrl alt delete doesn't work. The screen just goes black.

This is the case if I do something as simple as telling the settings to start fullscreen and then using a DND object in the room that says "if the enter key is pressed, toggle window." In that scenario, hitting the enter key just makes the screen flash black briefly but it stays in fullscreen. It will switch from windowed to full, but not back. One of my team members said she had the same problem (being unable to exit fullscreen once in it).

Thanks.

Jobo

GMC Elder
You are probably using "If Key Down" rather than "If Key Pressed" and the "toggle window" is hit multiple times, resetting back to fullscreen. I just tested and it seems to work fine.

V

Victor Wolf

I got it working! Thanks, @Jobo, but I don't think the key pressed/down thing was my problem.

I was messing with variables that change the menu object sprite to highlight whether it's in full or windowed mode, and also already had logic in place to change the sprite if the menu item was selected. I think that was where the problem is, because I had trouble getting it working correctly (visually), but once I did I put the logic back in and the switching worked properly. It might have also been that I was trying to trigger it on a key pressed event instead of doing key pressed inside of the step event. If that's the case, why?