• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Struggling with text (fixed, thanks!)

G

Guest User

Hi, I'm still playing with the gms2 beta (as I save my pennies to buy it)

However, I do have a problem with the text and mainly my code windows, the text in my code windows is really uncomfortable to read (it seems to be either blurry or all broken up and awful (see image)), yes I'm an oldie with glasses but still I had no real issue with gms1.4

Even if I try zooming into the viewscreen, the text breaks up and looks god awful. how do I fix it?
(click on image to see the full size one and how odd it looks?)

A

ApacheChef

It looks to me like you're zoomed in. If you were to double-click the to title bar of one of those windows in the workspace, GameMaker should zoom back to 100% and your text should be clear again. It looks to me like the workspaces use bitmapped fonts instead or TrueType so they don't scale well.

Edit: I see now that GM isn't using bitmapped fonts.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest User

It looks to me like you're zoomed in. If you were to double-click the to title bar of one of those windows in the workspace, GameMaker should zoom back to 100% and your text should be clear again. It looks to me like the workspaces use bitmapped fonts instead or TrueType so they don't scale well.
Yeah that is zoomed in. if I zoom in it goes bad like that, but if I use the normal unzoomed view settings, its hard to see and blurry.

A

ApacheChef

This might work for you.

In preferences, find the Text Editors entry and the Code Editor under that. For the default text adjust the size there. It seems to give a nice clean result on my system with the workspace at 100% zoom. Capture.PNG

G

Guest User

Try not zooming, and then using F7/F8 in the code editor to make the text larger/smaller.
Great tip! Thank you.
also Thanks to Apachechef, changing to that font helped a little too!