• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion string_width_ext() - unnecessary param

gnysek

string_width_ext(string, sep, w);

string The string to measure the width of.
sep The distance in pixels between lines of text as if the string was being drawn.
w The maximum width (in pixels) of the string before a line break as if the string was bring drawn.
Since "sep" sets distance in pixel between lines, it affects only "height" (vertical size) of text, not width, so I don't understand why this param is there.

Of course it would be nice to have possibility to set horizontal space between letters in draw_text_ext(), then this param would be left as horizontal separation, but we don't have that possibility (yet).

I understand this is a breaking change, but this is really misleading.

Last edited:

Jobo

GMC Elder

Isn't that just brilliant - I looked into this and you're right, it's not used for anything. Amazing it took this long for someone to notice that! I'll bring it up for discussion.

Z

zendraw

i guess they did it so string_width_ext wont feel discriminated from string_height_ext