• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Strange IDE behavior

kupo15

I've come across several strange things happening with the IDE:

1) some scripts lost their linkable boldness yet they still exists and work
1616087013189.png1616087032482.png

2.) Every single keystroke brings up the red bar error at the bottom, it doesn't matter where. Even with a simple spacebar or typing inside comments. Any idea why?

3.) regions are broken, sometimes they work and have the handle sometimes they don't

4) Scrolling issues, could be related to regions or having multiple functions in a script. Sometimes when I type, the screen view within the code window jumps all around the script. Sometimes the scrollbar is messed up and won't allow me to scroll down to code further down until I close that tab and reopen it

Looking forward to those stability fixes when they come to the stable channel

D

Deleted member 13992

I've seen happen once, maybe a month ago. As you say, script still worked. If I remember correctly, to try and fix it I deleted the script (copying the contents) and created it again, except it wouldn't let me recreate it with the same name (it usually does!). ended up changing the name, pasting the script and using it. Never figured out what happened.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Please do file a ticket. We are looking to make 2.3.2 stable by the end of this month, so the fixes for this issue won't make it into the stable release if it doesn't get reported, as this forum is not monitored by the developers.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Please file bugs with each of these and checkout the latest 2.3.2 Beta - rule of thumb if you don't report it, then it won't get fixed.

Help -> Report an issue (when inside GMS)

Russell

* Ouch! Ninja'd by TsukaYuriko!