• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Strange freez in game,level 2 freez my player when touch traps

Nidoking

I suspect this has nothing to do with memory, but an infinite loop that you've introduced somewhere. Without seeing more of the actual game, there's no way to provide any specific information, but you'll find debug messages to be essential in diagnosing the problem. I'd start with putting debug messages at the start of key events that might cause the issue (step, collision, draw, and anything that could be triggered by the action that leads to the freeze). Whatever is the last message you see is probably the event where the loop is happening. You can put another debug message at the end to check. (i.e. if you don't see that, then you know it's not reaching the end of the event.) Then you can narrow in on what's causing the loop, or at least show the relevant part of your game here.

I suspect this has nothing to do with memory, but an infinite loop that you've introduced somewhere. Without seeing more of the actual game, there's no way to provide any specific information, but you'll find debug messages to be essential in diagnosing the problem. I'd start with putting debug messages at the start of key events that might cause the issue (step, collision, draw, and anything that could be triggered by the action that leads to the freeze). Whatever is the last message you see is probably the event where the loop is happening. You can put another debug message at the end to check. (i.e. if you don't see that, then you know it's not reaching the end of the event.) Then you can narrow in on what's causing the loop, or at least show the relevant part of your game here.
Is this make error views

Attachments

Nidoking

OK, well, if you'd like to read my earlier post and follow any of my recommendations, let me know. If not, then good luck with your game.