Strange Error with Debugger

mX273

Hi Guys

I suddendly have a strange behaviour of my debugger. If i run the game with F5, everything is fine. If i run it with F6, the following Error appears.
I dont know, but the debugger worked well so far... but suddendly this.... its strange.

I have instances of obj_player of which i set the "name" in the creation code (this is called after the create event). obj_player is created before "obj_comPlayer" (instance creation order).
obj_comPlayer is an instance, which controls some previously created players (AI).
When obj_comPlayer is created, it checks all Players and searches for specific names like "Bob" and if found, it will control this player....

Can you help me to prevent this error?

Thank you!

EDIT: if i run old versions of my game (were i often used the debugger, i get the same error)

Error:

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object obj_comPlayer:

Variable obj_player.name(100073, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_RoomCC_rm_init_8_Create (line 5) - if (name == "Bob")
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_RoomCC_rm_init_8_Create (line 5)

Last edited: