Strange behavior after update, but ONLY in debug mode

ehddev

Just updated to the newest version (2.3.1.406) and I've run into the weirdest bug. Everything works great when running the game normally, but when I run it in debug mode, the game acts really strange. A few different things happen that I can't replicate in a consistent way (so basically the worst kind of bug). The main ones are:

1) all of my ground/wall objects get destroyed
2) variable not set before reading error, on an object that I'm quite sure defines said variable in its create event
3) A bunch of random instances will be destroyed. The instances list in the debugger will be completely inaccurate. It'll show one or two of the instances in the room, when I'm certain there are more. In fact, I have a debug instance count that I'm drawing to the screen that shows there are more. Live debugging is enabled.
4) Animations won't play?? As if I set image_speed on everything to 0.
5) Sometimes the game will just crash with no error message.

I've set breakpoints in likely culprit areas where I could be destroying all of the walls, but nothing. It could be something on my end, but it's strange that it's only happening after I updated and ONLY in debug mode.

I'm also not really using the debug_mode flag for anything aside from showing fps and instance_count.

I've also tried cleaning the project and restarting my pc.

Any ideas on how debug mode or the new update could cause this strange behavior? Why only debug mode?

Last edited:

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Have you tried using the step into or step next button to follow the code, should show you when point 1 is happening.

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
try hitting the broom then trying again
the cache maybe over loaded and thr debugger is loading an older version

if that does not work
sounds like an IDE bug, might need to uninstall and do a freash install

i would send a bug report and a copy of your project to the helpdesk if it persists after both of those