GMC Jam Stick Together by Sora Ngin

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by SoraNgin, Sep 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SoraNgin

SoraNgin Member

Stick Together by Sora Ngin
    (Alpha version - Last Updated: 2018-09-15)

Originally made for the 2-Day GMC Game Jam 30.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This demo is a strategy capture the flag based game, except that you're comically capturing kings instead.
    This project is a huge work in progress with still loads of work left to do, so it currently features a few glitches and placeholder SFX mainly from Warcraft 2.

Also, Stick Together is a working title, would love any name suggestions if you guys have any! :)

Download here: Stick Together.zip

Future Updates:

- 1v1 online PvP mode
    - Functioning war balloons
    - Finished graphics
    - Smarter enemy AI
    - More enemy types
    - Expanded map
    - And more!

Controls:

WASD - Movement
    F - Switch Characters
    Shift - Auto Run/Duck
    Left Mouse Click - Action 1
    Right Mouse Click - Action 2​

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  2. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

Damn, dude. That video looked fun, that's exactly what I'd be hoping your jam game would be like. About to download and try it out.

kupo15 and SoraNgin like this.
  3. Toque

Toque Member

It does look fun.

SoraNgin likes this.
  4. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

Just had a quick go, couldn't play properly because I'm on my laptop with no mouse. Still pretty playable.
    Really dig the player animations, appreciated the archer running but holding the bow backwards when aiming the opposite direction.
    One problem I noticed was both drawbridge switches open both drawbridges which I assume is not intended.
    I hope you keep working and expanding on this because I think it has a lot of potential.

SoraNgin likes this.
  5. SoraNgin

SoraNgin Member

Ah yeah, I have a laptop too so I know how hard it is to play on it. That's why I had to connect my bluetooth mouse haha. Maybe I will look into making it easier for us laptop users to play!
    And ah shoot, I thought I had fixed that bug! Nice catch, I just fixed it for reals this time lol. And yes, I have a lot of big plans for future updates to this game! The number one goal being to make it an online strategy 1v1 PvP game where you have to outsmart, outflank your opponent by sneaking through your enemy's base by land, air, or underground! :D

Thanks for playing man! :)

Siolfor the Jackal likes this.
  6. HayManMarc

HayManMarc Member

I really like this idea. I hope you keep going with it!

SoraNgin likes this.
  7. Fanatrick

Fanatrick Member

Looks especially fun for a Jam game, you should maybe give it a go if you got no other projects at hand.

Love the orcish sounds on unit death, I believe the same stock sound was used in Warcraft II :D

SoraNgin likes this.
  8. SoraNgin

SoraNgin Member

Updated new enemy animations!

[​IMG]

Also been implementing new features and fixing various things. It's now possible to win or lose the game :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    CMAllen, kupo15, Micah_DS and 3 others like this.
  9. Micah_DS

Micah_DS Member

WHOO! Nice! I knew this had potential.

I just played the current latest build (v3) of the game, and this sure is shaping up to be a lot of fun. Your art style is really appealing, especially since you've done excellent with animating it all. Additionally, all the routes you can take are really setting this up for some great strategic planning and for some nice tactical options during the fight.

I don't have any suggestions though, since - seeing your future updates - you seem to know what needs doing, but yeah, the AI especially needs improving for the game to really be what it needs to be.
    I hope you'll see this project through till the end.

SoraNgin likes this.