• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

steam_upload_score() problem...

R

RippeR7420

Hey guys! This is my first time posting on the forums, but I have a slight problem I can't quite figure out. It's related to using the Steam API in my upcoming game, Mayhem ZX, involving the steam_upload_score() function.

So in my game, there is a "target mode" that times how fast the player can destroy all the targets within a level. Let's say the player gets the time (43.23 secs), If I try to upload the variable that is holding the value of "43.23" using the function steam_upload_score("leaderboard_targetmode_score", hiScore); where hiScore is the variable holding the value of (43.23), the steam leader board will only recognize at (43.00) on steamworks, but since it is an online leader board, the milliseconds are crucial. Can steam leader boards recognize/use a float/real number or only integers? I have created multiple leader boards using (Numeric, Seconds, and Milliseconds) options and still no luck :( Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to look at this post, And if I didn't explain something clear enough please let me know!

-RippeR7420

Attachments

R

RippeR7420

Oh! I forgot to mention, In the first screen shot I set the variable "uploadSteamScore" to async the result of the Top Players score!

Thanks again.

-RippeR7420