1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NOTICE: We will be applying a Xenforo update on Tuesday 25th of February. This means that from approximately 10:00 to 14:00 BST the forums will be offline (or possibly longer). Sorry for the inconvenience! Official Announcement here.

GMS 2 "steam_activate_overlay_store" Opens DLC Page

Discussion in 'Programming' started by JapanGamer29, Jan 28, 2020.

1. JapanGamer29

JapanGamer29 Member

Hi everyone. I have a game on Steam which I launched last October. Right now I'm experimenting with adding a demo and have included an in-game button to launch the Steam store page.

The problem is, "steam_activate_overlay_store" with the correct app ID opens the DLC page for my game instead of its actual store page. When this demo goes live, I don't want players going to an empty DLC page when I really need them to buy the full game from the store page.

Any thoughts or workarounds? Thanks.

2. JapanGamer29

JapanGamer29 Member

I know there's "url_open" which I can use with the store page's URL, but I'm not so sure that many players are logged into Steam through the web browser.