• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam Steam not initalizing on Mac OS

ajrdesign

Trying to get my steam build for OSX mac to work. I'm seeing this error in the console.

Code:
Failed to copy Steam DLL - '/Users/arichardson/Documents/Development/space-game/sdk/redistributable_bin/osx32/libsteam_api.dylib' - SDK not installed properly?
followed by a sting of attempts to access this file:

Code:
Steam_Init
Error: Failed to load libsteam_api.dylib from  /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.5.378/mac/YoYo Runner.app/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib
dlerror:dlopen(/Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.5.378/mac/YoYo Runner.app/Contents/MacOS/libsteam_api.dylib, 1): image not found
Error: Failed to load libsteam_api.dylib: dlopen(/Users/arichardson/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libsteam_api.dylib, 1): no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /Users/arichardson/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libsteam_api.dylib: code signature in (/Users/arichardson/Library/Application Support/com.yoyogames.macyoyorunner/game/assets/libsteam_api.dylib) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process and mapped file (non-platform) have different Team IDs
Failed LoadSteamLib() call: Error loading libsteam_api.dylib
SteamInit failed: Error loading libsteam_api.dylib
I've placed the 'sdk' for steam and referenced it in the project in the steam preferences. Windows version works fine but Mac one does not.

Last edited:

ajrdesign

Still having this issue. Tried downloading SDK v 1.42 which GMS2 docs say to use that version specifically but no dice. I'm curious if completely reinstalling GMS2 would have any effect or not...