• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Steam Steam new builds delete save files **SOLVED**

camerakid

Hey Everybody,

I am testing my Steam game before release but recently I have realized that after each build is uploaded and game updated on Steam for some reason it deletes the save ini files...

I create the content for my build into a ZIP file from GM:S unzipping it to the content_folder and make the build.

EDIT: and before making the final ZIP I always save the complete project under a new file name to be sure no cache or saved files are present (to avoid uploading my test saves to the Steam build).

why could that happen am I missing something?

Thanks for any ideas.

Attila

J

Jisko

Whenever I release a new build for my game I'm currently working on I always run into this project if I save the project under a new save file name. So with that said yes, I do believe the problem is that you change the name every time you update the game.

camerakid

Interesting... There has been a similar issue with MAC builds so there I made a trick that I save into a new folder each new version with the very same file name. But glad you pointed out to the problem so hopefully keeping the latest name and changing only folders solves the issue. I will update here with info when I upload a new Steam update. Thanks.

I can happily CONFIRM that if you KEEP project name the same it is possible to upload a new version without reseting players settings!!
I've been running into this problem as well, and like you, I was always renaming my projects when I uploaded a new build. I will try to do as you suggested and keep my project names the same but in the meantime, is it still working for you?