Steam Steam leaderboards

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by mikix, Sep 9, 2019.

1. mikix

mikix Member

It worked when my game was in early access but is not working anymore. Anyone having problems with it too?

2. Seabass (The Human)

Seabass (The Human) Member

What has changed? It working/not working isn't very clear. Are leaderboards failing to upload/download?

3. mikix

mikix Member

@Seabass (The Human) It's not showing the scores in the community central, only shows them as 0. It worked when the game wass in early access, I got a score of 4 for killing 4 spiders. But now we are all at 0.

4. Seabass (The Human)

Seabass (The Human) Member

Hmm, perhaps leaderboards automatically reset once you leave early access? That seems very odd to me. If you deleted the leaderboard from within Steamworks the data would've been lost. Even if you recreated it with the same name. Otherwise as far as I know, Steam leaderboards are particularly notorious for clearing themselves.

5. Phil Strahl

Phil Strahl Member

Personally I never had issues with my Steam leaderbords resetting involuntarily but then again I never had a game transition from early access to release. Can you confirm that the names/handles of the leaderboards in SteamWorks are the same as in your code and that you can read them properly? Are you using the latest supported SteamSDK (currently it's 1.42 I think)?