• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Steam is no Master Collection License?

C

Curial Lloses

Hello all,

I'm wondering to buy GMS 2 with the Master Collection discount but I see in my License page that the Master Collection version I bought via Steam is understood as a Professional License with all the modules by my licence page administrator and can't have the 50% discount but the 40%.

Do you know if that's correct and I have miss any information? Is there any other way to redeem my Master Collection License than connect with my steam ID?

Thanks for any help!

P.D.: I've bought Game Maker Studio: Master Collection on Steam on Febryary 2013 if that helps...

Posh Indie

That Guy
Hello all,

I'm wondering to buy GMS 2 with the Master Collection discount but I see in my License page that the Master Collection version I bought via Steam is understood as a Professional License with all the modules by my licence page administrator and can't have the 50% discount but the 40%.

Do you know if that's correct and I have miss any information? Is there any other way to redeem my Master Collection License than connect with my steam ID?

Thanks for any help!

P.D.: I've bought Game Maker Studio: Master Collection on Steam on Febryary 2013 if that helps...
Disclaimer: I am not a decision maker here by any means, so what I say holds no water with what YoYo Games will or will not do.

If I understand it correctly, the steam "Master Collection" is just a Steam Bundle (Not officially the Master Collection in its strictest sense, but a collection of products on Steam) that just contains each individual product within the bundle. It is like buying all the modules individually but with a discount and in one click instead of many. I say this because when I bought Master Collection through the website I also received the Steam keys for the "Master Collection" on Steam. I had to manually copy and paste every licence key for the base product and all of the modules one by one into the "Activate a Product" menu option from within Steam.

It is worth asking them, but I would not get mad if it goes opposite of your hopes (40% is still an awesome discount, either way). Just throwing this out there until a more official response comes along.

F

freekshow_kc

i had the same issue,
if you bought it on steam you dont have the "master collection" it's a weird name for the steam package,
but you wouldn't get new modules with it, but you would if you own the master collection from yoyogames.
there might be more reasons but its not the master collection the 50% discount refers to

anyway, just buy it for 40% off once released (the modules not available so far)

gearmex

It don't say in Steam "master collection" but if you register with YYC in here it says Master Collection on it. And i have gotten every new module for free since i bought it back in 2013, well worth the purchase.