Distribution STEAM direct just got a rival on his level

ramos

hi

Any of you know about this ?
Twitch is launching a game distribution platform and have same release time window as steam direct (end of spring) , also the twitchers will have 5% money from sales made off ther twitches so huge marketing posibilities , basical you dont need to see twicth and go to steam to buy game or go to steam to buy game and tiwch you just use twich .

source: https://blog.twitch.tv/coming-soon-get-it-on-twitch-9c829cae6ac1?sf58855097=1#.2piwiqebj

F

frumple

Twitch should work on their site not being dog**** year after year. I can't see this being serious, esp. as it took Valve nearly a decade to become good.
On the other hand, why not? Competition is supposedly a good thing and it could be good business.

E

Ethanicus

That's a horrible idea. They do not have anywhere NEAR the server capacity or networking Steam has. They'll get crushed.

M

metateen

Hmm, this is interesting... I didn't think Twitch would actually go out that far. Considering they were pretty much the hub of live streaming games, I'll have to check this out when I get the chance.