Steam Steam Commands

C

CreativeBand124

Hello!
I'm having trouble using the steam commands ... Can anyone tell me why on Game Maker Studio 2 when I call this script every time after i kills NPC

/// Achievements for killing
if steam_initialised(){
switch(global.kills)
{
case 15:
if !steam_get_achievement("total_kills") steam_set_achievement("total_kills");
break;

case 30:
if !steam_get_achievement("total_kills2") steam_set_achievement("total_kills2");
break;

case 45:
if !steam_get_achievement("total_kills3") steam_set_achievement("total_kills3");
break;

case 60:
if !steam_get_achievement("total_kills4") steam_set_achievement("total_kills4");
break;

case 75:
if !steam_get_achievement("total_kills5") steam_set_achievement("total_kills5");
break;

case 90:
if !steam_get_achievement("total_kills6") steam_set_achievement("total_kills6");
break;

case 105:
if !steam_get_achievement("total_kills7") steam_set_achievement("total_kills7");
break;

case 150:
if !steam_get_achievement("total_kills8") steam_set_achievement("total_kills8");
break;

}
}

nothing happens?
Everything is set in Steam, but unfortunately the achievement is not unlocked.
The game it's put for sale ,not early access or else.
I use latest Steam SDK.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1069250/Eslander__PreAlpha/ - This is my game
Thank you!

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I use latest Steam SDK.

• Steamworks SDK 1.42 is required if you're doing Steam builds (please use ONLY this version).
Might be the issue there?

knightshaft

That's interesting. I assumed that part of the manual (like many others) was out of date as 1.48 works on a mac (and now I've just noticed this thread isn't a mac issue anyway).

Can anyone tell me if in the PC version, when setting the location of the Steam SDK, do you have a 'check steam sdk' button. On the Mac it is missing so I have no idea if the SDK is even being recognised (I think it is as Steam updates with the new version as soon as it is compiled even without me uploading to Steamworks, though DLC and Achievemens don't work)

C

CreativeBand124

That's interesting. I assumed that part of the manual (like many others) was out of date as 1.48 works on a mac (and now I've just noticed this thread isn't a mac issue anyway).

Can anyone tell me if in the PC version, when setting the location of the Steam SDK, do you have a 'check steam sdk' button. On the Mac it is missing so I have no idea if the SDK is even being recognised (I think it is as Steam updates with the new version as soon as it is compiled even without me uploading to Steamworks, though DLC and Achievemens don't work)
Hello!
I don't see the button for "Check steam SDK", hmm i think the steam SDK can't be updated automaticality ..
Capture.PNG

knightshaft

Sorry I didn't write the bit in brackets ( ) in my last message very well. I'll have another go.

I think GMS2 is recognising the SDK. The Steam app updates with the new version of my game as soon as my game is compiled, even without me uploading my game to Steamworks, though DLC and Achievemens don't work.

knightshaft

For anybody arriving at this tread, you do need to use 1.42 because GMS2 looks for the lib file in the osx32 folder. This folder has been renamed osx in later versions of the steam sdk.