• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Steam and Controllers

L

LawH

Not sure if this has been mentioned here already, but if you have GMS on Steam, and you have Steams controller settings turned on (not Steam Controller, but an controller Steam hijacks), the controller will not work in GMS.

You can turn off all controller settings in Steam settings, and after that your controller should be registered by GMS.

renex

yeah steam will convert controller input to keyboard for games that don't support it, that's really not game maker's fault at all but rather steam's implementation being too broad

best you can do is use something liek sdl2 yourself - i have an extension for 8.1 but it depends on some 8.1 quirks - a skilled user should be able to convert it to studio 1.4 though

L

LawH

Yeah it falls on the steam controller system. I set it up so that it shouldn't bother me anymore, and I have another program to make the controller into what I want, which I can use if I need to.