Stealth/Heist game WIP

K

kafka84

Hi,

I've been working on this game during lockdown
It's a stealth/crime game set in the 70's with a lupin the third vibe
It's in a very rough state at the moment - I used an extension purchased from the market place for a lot of the stealth gameplay elements but I am currently reworking it as it's not very versatile
I've mocked up a short demo and would love some feedback
At the moment the keys are just the arrow keys. You can press escape to exit at any time and 'R' to restart most rooms
(I let my 9 year old daughter name it...the title is probably going to change)

broker_idle_scrap_0.gif

The file would not upload as an attachment for some reason so I've left a link below

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8qrnfzmjxv2ok87/gumball.exe/file

i've got some other artwork for the game as well.
spr_guard_gif_0 (2).gif
city (2).gif

a4cs.png

X

xzevlin

I didn't get very far (went down to the underground and couldn't get past the guard before the stairs), but I really enjoy the style and atmosphere.

Looks great, love the art style, animations are good. Intro is very polished already, sets a good tone for what is to come. Gameplay feels smooth. Only two rooms! Want more.

The dog guy just ignored me thankfully :)

Are you making this art yourself, I like it.

K

kafka84

I didn't get very far (went down to the underground and couldn't get past the guard before the stairs), but I really enjoy the style and atmosphere.
Thanks

You have to distract the guard by being spotted by the security camera. I guess that is pretty counter intuitive to get spotted in a stealth game in order to progress so that is something I'll have to consider when making the other rooms.

K

kafka84

Looks great, love the art style, animations are good. Intro is very polished already, sets a good tone for what is to come. Gameplay feels smooth. Only two rooms! Want more.

The dog guy just ignored me thankfully :)

Are you making this art yourself, I like it.
Thanks

The dog is going to be an item you can use in the game to distract guards -One idea I've got for it is you can throw a stick into the spotlight. The dog chases the stick into the spotlight and triggers the guard into investigating.
I did do the art myself. It was influenced from the Ultra Time Force art style but I gave it my own spin

K

kafka84

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8qrnfzmjxv2ok87/gumball.exe/file

Here's a link to an updated demo if anyone wants to try it out. It's still pretty rough at the minute - especially the textbox's.
I've also nerfed the guards vision while I try and fix a bug with it so it's a lot easier than it will be.
I've added more rooms and some other things.
Any feedback will be apreciated