I just wanted to share my game I have been making in GameMaker Studio 2 over the last year and a half. It's called Starlight: Defence Command and is now available on Steam.
It's a hardcore tower defence strategy game, that includes the below features:-
- A typical assignment will have you battle against thousands of bots.
- There are 16 different enemy types, with different strengths and weaknesses. Half of them have either special abilities or are able to fly.
- Enemy bots can also damage your towers and adapt their resistances to challenge you further.
- You are able to change the default targeting priorities for all your towers or at an individual level.
- Master the use of the economy system and its abilities tied to it. You are given access to abilities that are affected by how much of the currency you have unspent.
- There is a unique Fog of War system that not only affects what the player physically sees but also what the towers see. Even if there is no physical fog, the enemy bot types and their statuses are only revealed if they are within range of a tower.
- You have the option to play through a campaign that spans multiple planets and locations or use the simulator to tweak a map to custom settings.
- Each assignment in the campaign goes beyond a typical tower defence game by incorporating objectives into them, like defending a moving infiltrator along its route or placing mines to destroy enemy terraformers threatening a farming community.
- When not on assignment, you are able to use the Adaptable Nano Tablet (A.N.T.) to customise your towers with billions of permutations or manage your career by selecting perks from a skill tree as you gain Mastery.
- Online leaderboards have been incorporated into the game so that you are able to compete for hi-scores across the numerous missions.
Steam Page: Starlight: Defence Command