• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

sprites & walls

M

mritorto

Hi everyone,

I am making a pacman game using game maker. Its my first game.

So i create paths for the monsters to chase pac man and I notice that the monsters when they collide with the walls in the maze they seem to be seen to behind the wall and . I know in other languages like lua or python this can be controlled with collisons but I am not sure what to do here.

I know how to do certain things with collisons like make sprites explode and earn points or decrease a life or health of a sprite. I know they has to be a way to fix this issue.

Any help is appreciated.

klys

path dont take in count collisions, i recommend you using speed, direction and collisions.

Collision is the basic part of game maker studio, in the Tutorial part there is a section explain how this system work.

Basically you can add a event to the player or enemy objects you want to collide with the wall, then make it change his direction to move.

You can assign a direction and speed to make the object move direct to that direction with that speed.

I highly recommend doing the tutorial about collisions since this system is very basic and important to understand how Game Maker Studio works.

M

mritorto

so I was right it is collision that prevents an image from looking like it appears behind a wall. I know how to change direction. I just want to prevent the object or monster in this case from appearing like its behind the wall.

I will review a view a youtube video can come back with more questions.

M

mritorto

I think I did that with one monster and it worked but not the second monster sprite. I will double check tonight. I appreciate the fast responses. Its good to know I can get help fast when I need it.