• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Sprites showing on Mac but not Windows

peetj

Hi - I just started doing Gamemaker with a few students. One issue we are having is we have built the simplest game possible. No sprites are showing on a couple of Windows laptops, however when I exported the project an imported it on my Mac, the sprites show up fine which leads me to think it has nothing to do with the project itself. Has anyone come across this kind of thing? I'd upload the project but can only attach images it seems

Many thanks

Pete...

I had the same issue

I had to find Igor.exe on my system, add an exception to my antivirus for it and re-import the entire game into GMS2. This is because Igor.exe is actually GMS2's compiler and for some bizarre reason it's routinely false-flagged as Ransomware by security software.

peetj

I had the same issue

I had to find Igor.exe on my system, add an exception to my antivirus for it and re-import the entire game into GMS2. This is because Igor.exe is actually GMS2's compiler and for some bizarre reason it's routinely false-flagged as Ransomware by security software.
thanks CryptidProductions - I have a feeling that this is the issue - will hopefully find out before or in our next lesson. I would assume any antivirus program will cause this. When you say re-import the game what do you mean as this shouldn't matter. I can imagine you having to clear the cache though.

Cheers
Pete...

thanks CryptidProductions - I have a feeling that this is the issue - will hopefully find out before or in our next lesson. I would assume any antivirus program will cause this. When you say re-import the game what do you mean as this shouldn't matter. I can imagine you having to clear the cache though.

Cheers
Pete...
The project I was hgaving this issue with was a imported GMS1.4 project so I just re-converted the entire thing after making the exceptions.

You likely would have to just clear your cache if it's native GMS2 file