• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Sprites Keep breaking

R

RoooodWorks

In game maker 2, i keep getting my sprites break, i created them in the sprite editor but after a certain amount of time i just breaks, here is a preview of it.
I wanted to use this project for a contest, but with this i can't cos it does it even if i make a new project. In the sprites folder, under layers it is fine. but the main sprite folder is just that. if i re edit and put a pixel, the image will come back for a second.

Chaser

Maybe something with the layers, not sure how you e coded.

Perhaps duplicate the Sprite and merge all the layers into 1 layer, and a assign that one to your object and see if the problem persists.

R

RoooodWorks

My idle Animations don't even have 2 layers, just the default, and I tried it, it still is black. I appears even in the sprite editor unless I put a pixel down or use any of the tools, but once i leave it turns black again.

Chaser

Swap the layers around, if your black layer is on top it will only show that one?

Sorry just re read your thread, only the default layer, maybe duplicate the layer and delete the default? You must have 2 layers thou, one black and 1 coloured?

R

RoooodWorks

That still doesn't help, once i leave the sprite editor it goes back to black, and when i check the object its black too. I know how layering works.

Chaser

Only other thing I was thinking is frames, but if your cool with layers your be cool with frames matey, I can't think what it might be, sorry I couldn't help, good luck.

R

RoooodWorks

Thanks, I will just use Game maker studio 1.5 or whatever it is till this is fixed :) no probs.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
This sounds like a graphics driver problem. Inside your install folder you'll find a directory called "mesa", copy the "opengl32.dll" from inside here, into the main folder. Then see if you still get it.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
if you installed to the default location, it'll be "c:\Program Files\GameMaker Studio 2"

R

RoooodWorks

Yea then i did copy to that, i get the same black sprites. Does it help that not all my sprites are blackened, some are still their regular colours, but others are black.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Can you submit a bug, and add the project to it please and someone will take a look.

R

RoooodWorks

this maybe a noobish question, but how do I submit a bug?

nevermind figured it out :p

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RoooodWorks

Ok i fixed my problem concerning the black sprites in editor and when i test game, it to do with precise collision per frame, i chose something else, closed the gms2 and re opened, then used eraser tool on the frames and it gave me back my sprites colour. tested game and it was still fine :)