• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Sprites gone black

M

Marcos Mena

OK so I have my sprites animated by 9 sub images, I've been working on the project for a while and suddenly after testing the game all the sub images pixels went black, sometimes they show black on the game, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they show black on the Resource Tree and on the Image Editor and show normal in the game. This is really weird and very annoying. I'd like to know if somebody has seen anything like this.

Sprites were created on Pyxel Edit, imported into Game Maker Studio 2 and rotated 90 degrees. Everything was working fine before.

I do not know how to repeat this bug on a 100% rate but it happens really often and I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: The case on the image below is that when the game runs the sprite appears black but it shows fine on the image editor.

Attachments

Jobo

GMC Elder
I think I know the cause of this, and the bug has been fixed if I am right - in which case it should be in the next update, and your sprites back to normal. If you open the collision settings on the sprite that turns black sporadically, is its collision type set to Precise Per Frame? I think that is the main case for reproducing this bug, and if you switch it to another collision type and restart the IDE it might cease from happening.