• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Sprites blacked out, dialogue box has undefined in it, and locked characters somehow are unlocked

I am using v2.3.1.542 IDE and v2.3.1.409 Runtime.

I am guessing it is some sort of problem with resources not being loaded in the first time you open the game in a web browser. Things like sprites would sometimes blacked out, and there would be "undefined" text in a dialogue box. I am also getting reports of other weirdness like game characters you never unlocked, are unlocked. However, this never happens to me and the game works perfectly fine even when I clear my history/cookies/cache/etc.

I also tried the game on firefox, which is a browser that was reported to have the behavior. I didn't run into any issues.

I am not 100% sure if reloading the browser window fixes the issue, but from some of the comments I see from other people playing my game, they say it fixes it.

Even my older games, people would have issues with character sprites loading in.

Is there any solution to this? I am using Spine, so I don't know if that affects anything related to this. (It is the correct Spine version)

I am guessing I need to reload the web browser with code, or reload my game once on startup? Has anyone else had this problem before?

I did use the broom icon before exporting the HTML5.

There are no errors in the web browser's console.

Also note, I have released my game to Windows/Mac/Android as well and players who play those don't have any issues at all.

I hope I can get some help with this. This has been plaguing me ever since I started GM.

Last edited: