• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Sprites being distorted (Not using scaling)

N

Nephalen

I have been working on a project in gamemaker studio professional 1.4.9999 and today I ran into a problem that is really ruining my day.
I am currently working on creating character sprites and after adding my latest sprite I noticed that gamemaker is distorting the sprite during it's animation. The part that strikes me as really strange is that it doesn't happen all the time and I can't seem to make it trigger consistently.
I tried loading an earlier build of the project and I didn't have this problem there. I tried importing the new sprites and player object into the old build but ran into the sam issue.

The strangest part to me is that ever since this problem occurred it is affecting all my sprites, even ones that worked perfectly before.

I am at my wits end, please tell me someone else has run into a similiar issue and can offer some input.

Here is a quick recording of the issue so you can see it for yourself:
imgur.com/Xv1MIYO.mp4

N

Nephalen

Do you all your rooms have the same size / aspect ratio?
Hello! Thank you for your reply. Yes all rooms have the same dimensions. I actually ended up solving the problem just five minutes ago by adding this code to the create step of the objects:
Code:
image_xscale = 1
image_yscale = 1.05
I have no idea why it worked but it works flawlessly now.