• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Spriter support?

J

Jarmar Games

Until they do, try this:
https://github.com/Gillmog/spriterGM

I know when they 1st released it, I was able to import into GMS2 and it seemed to work. I've not had a chance to explore it more than the initial gms2 import and try.

A video of it in action:

TrunX

Couldn't you handle the Spine and Spriter animations the same way once they are imported?
Or is there a licence problem with the way of the Spine implementation?

rIKmAN

Couldn't you handle the Spine and Spriter animations the same way once they are imported?
Spine animations are played back using the Spine Runtimes, and to legally use these runtimes in your games you need to own a Spine licence.

So even if the Spriter animations could be made to work with the Spine Runtimes you would still need to own a Spine licence, at which point you may as well use Spine.

Spriter would need to be implemented separately using its own Runtimes under the terms of that licence, or written from the ground up, so an extension as posted above is probably your best bet.

There are threads on this subject already, as well as DragonBones - do a forum search.

D

Daz@mbi

I hope we get spriter support in the future, great program and affordable too. Makes sense for it to be compatible gms2 as most gamemaker users probably can't afford spine.

I

icuurd12b42

You answered your question. check the license in github for spine

R

Reaxgrim

i have spriter.. but planning getting spine as its better supported in more engines. just a tad expensive :)

I have one question. I am using spriter with GM studio v1.4 and what i found that it is very performance crushing as each image takes a swap. Is there any way to place all the body parts images on a single texture so as to reduce swaps just like using pngs? Most probably this should be done in the spriter software while creating the model but i am a noob so anyone experienced please help me.

Revised- Alright i have figured that out myself. Some performance have been saved but still it's very costly. If i make a lot of enemies drawn at once using it then it will be hard for android devices to handle. Any workaround for that?

Last edited: