• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Alpha Spriter GM

hippyman

I'm not working on this at the moment. There's nothing special here. The Spriter data format is really weird and hard for me to wrap my head around. I may come back to this in the future but it's not a guarantee.

I've been working on a Spriter implementation for GM:S off and on. I've started focusing more on it and I thought I could get some help from the community while I work on it. There isn't much to look at right now but I'll leave a link to download it if you would like to work on it also. At the moment it just parses the file and contains all the data in a map. I'll update this post more as I work on it.

I don't have any screenshots since this is an extension and not a game. Once I start getting the sprites on the screen I'll have plenty of screenshots to share. I'll upload it to the marketplace when it's completely functional. This felt like the right place to post this, but if it's better suited somewhere else, please move it.

My next step is to take a closer look at Braffolk's image framework he posted on the old GMC. I'm using that currently to import all the images but I'd like to make my own with more efficient texture packing. That isn't included with the project at the moment. After I figure out a good solution for texture packing, I'll begin working on the parts that everybody actually cares about... processing/drawing animations!

I'm open to any advice that would help this project move forward. If you see something I've done and think there's a better way to do it please let me know. If you're interested in contributing I'll be glad to credit you, but this will be a free extension so there will be no compensation.

Thanks for checking this out.

Download link

-Import extension into Gamemaker
-Import all scripts
-Drag your entire Spriter project folder into Gamemaker
-Create an object and use spriter_model_create and give it the name of the Spriter project folder
Code:
spriterModel = spriter_model_create("Spriter Project");//returns ds_map
-Check the debugger and you can go through all imported data

Last edited: