• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android sprite_add issues

Heathenlamb

Hi Folks,

I have a weird problem, that I am struggling to find an answer to. I have a "game" that loads pics from a web server at set intervals during the game. It downloads the pics and saves them over the previous pic in the working directory(using http_get_file). The game then uses sprite_add to attach the image to an object for display. The images are always jpgs. I have set the object to constrain the sprite proportions so that no matter what shape/ratio the downloaded pic is, it will always display correctly inside the object.

So here is my problem. I have two versions of this game. Windows and Android. The windows version works perfectly no matter the size in pixels, of the downloaded image. However the Android version crashes if the downloaded images are over a certain pixel size ... around 600 px either way. File size doesn't seem to matter, just the resolution. Any px size under that and Android works fine.

I have tried everything I can think of to work it out. I have changed the texture page size etc. I have run it on a Samsung 7 Edge and an Android Smart TV. It does the same thing on both. Does anyone know of any particular sprite size restriction on android or something similar ? I have other sprite assets in the game much larger than the images that work fine. It just seems to be a sprite_add issue in Android.

Hope that makes sense ... thanks is advance.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hi there! I've not seen anything like this asked on the forums before, so I'd file a bug with YYG about this, and include a link to the project that is giving you the issue.