Sprite View Size

S

Sethenan

Hi there,

I am sure this is a very beginner question, but i honestly ave no idea if i am doing this right or not. i am playing with GM:S and am trying to figure out why my sprites seem so pixelated when using views. My first thought is of course that the view is zooming in, so that is why it looks so bad. With no views, the sprite appears fine. Is this normal? Am i using the views correctly?

It just dose not make sense that the sprite would look so bad. The sprite used in the screenshots are not my own work, it is the example Spriter character. I used it as i just wanted to try with a properly made sprite, and see if it made a difference compared to my badly drawn sprites, which it did not. Even with my own sprite it looks the same. Is this normal with GM or games in general? Hopefully you can see how new i am to all this :)

The first screenshot is with the views in use and the second is without views. Honestly i have no idea what i could be doing wrong, if i am even doing anything wrong and this is just the way it works.

Any help you could give i am sure would clear up a lot of confusion. Thank you!!

Attachments

S

Sethenan

Wow, thanks a lot! This certainly explains things clearly and should help quite a bit!;)