Windows Sprite the Knight

M

Mallard8

Hope I've done this right?
This WIP is for young children it's a simple maths game at the moment there is only addition but the other screens will be similar with subtraction, division and multiplication, just with different backgrounds and images.
Pressing Left / Right or A / D moves character left or right, Space jumps.
pressing W brings help but only twice, Answer 3 questions right put dragon in cage, 3 wrong lose a life (Shield)
Pass a safe point to return to when dead.
Zip file let me know if I've not done it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toque

Looks cool. Sorry I can't try it out as Im only mac. I have made education games in the past. Yours looks way better

M

Mallard8

Thanks for the positive feedback, maybe one day I'll be able to make a mac edition.

crisiworks

Hi! I love that you've made a children's game. I can see the theme would be quite fun for a lot of young children.

Currently I think the game needs a fair bit of polishing. For example instead of waiting for the text to change, perhaps it could change on pressing enter or an arrow key? Right now if you press anything other than the numbers it will play an error message. The level design is kinda... random?

I do hope you get to iron out all the little kinks because the base concept is really good!

M

Mallard8

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts, the reason you wait for the text to change is that 5 and 6 year old children can't read as fast as adults do.
I can't get the error message that you seem to have experienced but will keep an eye out for it. I posted because I wanted to know if the idea is sound.
I am now adding other levels for subtraction, division and multiplication. plus a menu screen so you can go to which ever room you want to practice.
Each room will have more challenges to face as well as answering the questions.