Sprite sub-image has a greater height on disk than expected

E

Electrino

Hi,

I have a run cycle of 4 sub-images for a sprite. All sprite sub-images are the same size and all of them are imported .PNG files. The problem I'm having is when I try to edit the sprites in GameMaker I get the warning:

Sprite sub-image has a greater height on disk than expected. This will cause problems.

and GameMaker then crashes! I'm only getting the warning on 2 different sub-images (i.e., sub-image 2 and sub-image 3). So even though they are the same size as sub-image 0 & 1, for some reason GameMaker doesn't like them!?

Any suggestions as to why this would happen?

M

madK

All you need to do is:
1. Create a new sub-image with the width of the thickest image and the height of the tallest image.
2. Import all the images.
3. Delete the first sub-image

R

Robert

If all else fails you could create the empty container images for each sprite and then copy and paste the actual image into the editor, assuring that the image dimensions match.

E

Electrino

Thanks for all your replies... What I did to solve the issue was resize all sub-images and then trim the canvas in the sprite editor. My main confusion was why I was getting this issue in the first place!? There was only 4 sub images and they were all 150x150 (I triple checked, just to be sure)... the really strange thing was GameMaker crashing after I got the warning.

Anyways, the problem is solved... Thanks for the help!

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Howdy, Electrino,

In the future, in cases like this, you might consider 1. writing in Community Tech Support ('cause hey, IDE crash,) and/or 2. reporting a bug to YYG (through the Help Desk if you don't have direct Mantis access).

Regards,
Bob $:^ J