• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Graphics Sprite sizing thoughts.

So, I'm still new to GMS 2. I've made a few sprites now and I'm having issues on deciding the sizing of them.

You see, for the game idea I had, there's two groups of sprites. Adults and child.
for adults I made the sprites in a 64x64 grid, for the kids, I did 32x32.
Now its hard for me to get them at a point where they look well sized enough to be seen.
It's a very hard issue to describe. the size just isn't right to me. something seems off about it.
Here's a picture.
game view 2.png
What I did is, on the left side, I sized up the adult sprite to twice it's usual size while leaving the kid alone.
on the other I did nothing to any of the sprites.
I'm trying to make a top-down rpg game in the same vein of undertale and earthbound.
I wonder if I should completely remake the child sprites in 64x64 or just leave it as is. I prefer the view on the right side, and I might go with that. I just feel I should go into the community and see what others think.
the resolution I'm doing is also 640x480. if that somehow is also the issue with this.
This is honestly very hard to put into words for me. A part of me wishes it was a coding issue.