• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Sprite shows in asset layer, but doesn't appear when I run the game

C

charlespm

Hello!

I'm working through this Shaun Spalding tutorial. Early on, he has you create an asset layer in a menu room and add some sprites. One of my sprites (the title for the game) isn't showing when I run the game. It does show in the room editor. The other sprites show both in the room editor and when I run the game. Here are more details.
  • This title sprite is not tied to an object, but I don't think that matters.
  • The assets layer is the topmost layer
  • The "Export" checkbox is checked for the title sprite as well as all of the others
  • When I click "Play Animation" in the room editor it is also visible
Any ideas for what I could look into to fix this would be helpful. Thanks!