• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Sprite resized and partly destroyed after placed in room

C

carlos777

I placed an object of an animated sprite in a room and tried to resize it to the size of the room (480x480).

When I changed it back to its original size (64x64) it had lost around 20% of the original pixels around the outside of each side of the sprite and I can't seem to get them back.

When I go into the sprite folder the sprite has been changed in there as well. Does anyone know what happened and how I might retrieve the missing sections of the original sprite? Have a feeling it's back to the drawing board.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly: You resized an instance placed in a room and it changed the sprite resource that was assigned to the object of said instance?

C

carlos777

Just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly: You resized an instance placed in a room and it changed the sprite resource that was assigned to the object of said instance?
Yes that's correct. When I placed the object in the room there was a blue square around it. I dragged this blue spuare to the size of the room in the hope it would make the sprite the background of the room.

I then saved the game and hit run to see if it was working, and as you can guess, it didn't work.

Anyway when I resized the sprite, it had lost parts of it on each side.

Many thanks for your reply.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
That's certainly the first time I've heard of that happening... resizing instances should under no circumstances touch the actual sprite, so I'm unsure how that would even happen. I'm afraid I can't be of much more help than suggesting to file it as a bug report.