• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Sprite rendered pixellated

D

Devilly

We've got a spirte which is 603 pixels wide and 511 pixels high. I put it in a room at the upper left corner and make a view with width and height 603 and 511 and a port with width and height 603 and 511.
The view's x and y are the same as those of the sprite itself: 0 and 0. The port's x and y are defined as following:

view_xport[1] = windowWidth - view_wview[1];
view_yport[1] = windowHeight - view_hview[1];

This makes it getting placed in the lower right corner. Now when looking in the texture pages the sprite looks fine but when running the game the corners are all pixellated. Especially the round corners are horrible.

I would think because the view and the port are the same size it would render correctly. While fiddling I noticed that when increasing the port size to twice the size it should be the sprite is rendered like I'd want it to. Any idea as to where to look for a solution?

D

Devilly

The fix was to resize the surface to the screen height and width. It didn't affect the first view which goes over the entire screen but it did fix view two and three which only take up part of the screen.