• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Sprite Properties options not showing up (any help greatly appreciated!)

T

Travis Baker

I was watching a tutorial on how to edit a sprite, however, I am noticing that my "Sprite Properties" don't show up:
Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 1.06.52 AM.png

And it is missing the things that the YouTube user is showing:Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 1.07.36 AM.png

I don't understand how to get that information to appear. I would greatly appreciate any advice! :D

Alice

Darts addict
Forum Staff
I think you need to activate the advanced mode (File >> Advanced Mode). Apparently, detailed sprite properties aren't shown in the simple mode you use at the moment.

Also, the advanced mode is recommended in general; it's good to learn about various features as early as possible (especially GML and scripts). ^^

A

Aura

@Alice: Activating the advanced mode surely gives you the options to change collision masks and some other options (at least in GM8) but it does not change the way sprite properties' dialog looks like. ^^'

@Travis Baker: In no way does it look like native GameMaker IDE to me. Perhaps the author of the YouTube video is using a third party IDE. Which one? Dunno. I can't help with that, so... contacting the author should be helpful and a good idea. ^^

T

Travis Baker

I think you need to activate the advanced mode (File >> Advanced Mode). Apparently, detailed sprite properties aren't shown in the simple mode you use at the moment.

Also, the advanced mode is recommended in general; it's good to learn about various features as early as possible (especially GML and scripts). ^^

You are amazing!!! I am so grateful for your response! :D Thank you!

T

Travis Baker

@Alice: Activating the advanced mode surely gives you the options to change collision masks and some other options (at least in GM8) but it does not change the way sprite properties' dialog looks like. ^^'

@Travis Baker: In no way does it look like native GameMaker IDE to me. Perhaps the author of the YouTube video is using a third party IDE. Which one? Dunno. I can't help with that, so... contacting the author should be helpful and a good idea. ^^

Actually, it's the Mac version of the program (I happen to be running the same one). Haha, honestly, I'm just getting my feet wet with programing, as I am brand new to world of it. :) I'm happy that there are people on here willing to give their advice! Thank you. :)