Sprite preview not displaying...

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by Abrexas, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Abrexas

Abrexas Member

Howdy!

I've got a peculiar issue that's I've noticed for a couple months now. You know the tiny sprite preview on the left side of the screen? The ones in front of you object or the sprite themselves? They don't show up for me when I open a project..
    However, once I open the actual sprite and minimize it, all previews that are tied to that sprite become visible. So when I have a project with multiple object I have to first open ALL of my sprites and close them out in order to quickly see which object is while. I know I can just read the object name, as I have been doing. But it's often faster to just see the preview and click on whichever one I am looking for haha.

Any insight on why this might be happening and if there's a way for me to fix it?
    Many thanks.

2. Abrexas

Abrexas Member

This is a Game Maker 1.4 issue... why was it moved to here?

3. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Because nowhere in the post does it state that it's GM1.4? Moved to the appropriate forum...

4. Abrexas

Abrexas Member

Didn't say GMS2 either ;)
    But the question did explain a layout that only makes sense in GM1

5. Abrexas

Abrexas Member

Found it!
    Aand... I feel pretty dumb about it haha.

There's a setting in 'Preferences' for 'Disable Thumbnail Icon Generation'.
    I don't know how or why this has been ticked for me all of a sudden, but finding it has resolved the issue.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019