• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Sprite preview not displaying...

Let's Clone

Howdy!

I've got a peculiar issue that's I've noticed for a couple months now. You know the tiny sprite preview on the left side of the screen? The ones in front of you object or the sprite themselves? They don't show up for me when I open a project..
However, once I open the actual sprite and minimize it, all previews that are tied to that sprite become visible. So when I have a project with multiple object I have to first open ALL of my sprites and close them out in order to quickly see which object is while. I know I can just read the object name, as I have been doing. But it's often faster to just see the preview and click on whichever one I am looking for haha.

Any insight on why this might be happening and if there's a way for me to fix it?
Many thanks.

Let's Clone

Found it!
Aand... I feel pretty dumb about it haha.

There's a setting in 'Preferences' for 'Disable Thumbnail Icon Generation'.
I don't know how or why this has been ticked for me all of a sudden, but finding it has resolved the issue.

Last edited: