• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

sprite/object not running animation

K

kmce

I have a mob, it has a separate arm object which is smoking, when the player get to within 40 pixels but more than 10 pixels of the arm it deletes the smoking arm and creates a walking arm, this is working fine, however the when the player then gets to within 10 pixels of the arm, it should delete the walking arm and create a punching arm object, this is where the problem comes in, the punching arm will not run its animation, it just shows as a stationary picture. Is there any reason this could be.

I have in the punching object
image_index=-1
and
image_speed=1

yes, many possible reasons.

My guess would be you are constantly recreating the arm before it has a chance to advance to the next frame. No way for me to know the true cause without seeing more of the code.