• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Sprite not rendering??

dudaxan

So today I decided to reuse an old project for a few tests... I deleted every single asset and created just a square sprite and an object, but for some reason the sprite is not rendering. I'm really starting to think this is a bug from the GMS2.3, but, since I've loaded up an old project, I thought that I should share it here first and see if you can find any sort of setting that would explain why the sprite is not getting rendered (not even using "draw_self()" or "draw_sprite(...)"). I have also tried cleaning up the cache and reloading GMS.
By the way, I'm not a beginner in GMS and I just wanna make sure I'm not missing any sort of setting before I submit this as a ticket.

This is the link to the project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DVZLFcQ_DXLnUX2PVvdkzLVsZ8DSy92c/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your attention!

dudaxan

Ok, I just realized what is going on! My antivirus application is blocking GM access to the sprites folder, so no sprites can be rendered at all.