• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Sprite Layers

Kai Proton

Hi All,
not sure if this is simple, Difficult, or just stupid,
since moving to GM2 Ive noticed the sprite editor has multiple layers,

what Im looking to do is have the Player Sprite drawn on the Default Layer, then have them moving up 1 by 1 form there each one being a different weapon, so at some point All Layers will be Hidden except the Default,
then the player finds a weapon, so that layer on the player sprite is changed to visible.

Ive seen a layer_set_visible() command for the instance layers in the room, but I cannot figure one out for the Objects, is there such a thing ?

G

Guitarmike

I don't think so. The layers function exclusively within the sprite editor. The layer_set_visible function is for layers within a room, not a sprite.
The best approach, IMHO, would be to create a different sprite and change them using sprite_index.

Kai Proton

Well, Thanks for the RP,

I thought this might be the case, normally, stuff I look for turns up in Google, with this one Ive googled until the G has worn off my keyboard..