• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

sprite editor bugging out

Using IDE 2.3.4.580 and runtime 2.3.4.442

I noticed when trying to edit my sprites the editor is being extremely buggy. If I try to do anything to the canvas (paint, select, draw lines, etc), the sprite gets all zoomed out of focus and the coordinates of the brush dont match up with where the mouse is on screen. The rest of the IDE disappears entirely. It doesn't matter what I'm trying to do, if I interact with the canvas at all, the whole editor just spazzes out. Sometimes the sprite will disappear entirely and I'll have to either undo actions or click the visibility of that layer on and off to get the sprite to return. Not sure if it's a problem with my pc or if it's a bug in the system. I've had GMS2 for a while and never had this issue until recently. At one point GMS2 said something along the lines of it becoming unstable and needing to be closed.

GIF of the issue happening:

Chaser

Man that’s annoying, and this is the reason I never update as soon as a update is released. Because you know, bugs. :)
Have you tried shutting down and restarting you PC after updating, maybe try unplugging mouse then plug it back in? Might just be an anomaly. If not then report the bug to YoYo.

Wronchi

Using IDE 2.3.4.580 and runtime 2.3.4.442

I noticed when trying to edit my sprites the editor is being extremely buggy. If I try to do anything to the canvas (paint, select, draw lines, etc), the sprite gets all zoomed out of focus and the coordinates of the brush dont match up with where the mouse is on screen. The rest of the IDE disappears entirely. It doesn't matter what I'm trying to do, if I interact with the canvas at all, the whole editor just spazzes out. Sometimes the sprite will disappear entirely and I'll have to either undo actions or click the visibility of that layer on and off to get the sprite to return. Not sure if it's a problem with my pc or if it's a bug in the system. I've had GMS2 for a while and never had this issue until recently. At one point GMS2 said something along the lines of it becoming unstable and needing to be closed.

GIF of the issue happening:

I had an issue that was similar, but I'm not 100% positive it was the exact same issue. Any time I'd draw anything, duplicate/add a layer, etc. - the IDE would bug out and basically all text and functionality disappeared.

Although I think I accidentally found a temporary fix: going to Layout -> Reset Layout. I don't have the same problems anymore after doing that so it might be worth a shot.

[EDIT]: perhaps worth noting is that this issue was on a per-project basis for me. Another project I opened did not have this issue and coincidentally (or uncoincidentally?) it had a different layout from the first one.

I had an issue that was similar, but I'm not 100% positive it was the exact same issue. Any time I'd draw anything, duplicate/add a layer, etc. - the IDE would bug out and basically all text and functionality disappeared.

Although I think I accidentally found a temporary fix: going to Layout -> Reset Layout. I don't have the same problems anymore after doing that so it might be worth a shot.

[EDIT]: perhaps worth noting is that this issue was on a per-project basis for me. Another project I opened did not have this issue and coincidentally (or uncoincidentally?) it had a different layout from the first one.
I tried resetting layout like you said, and that didn't fix the issue unfortunately.