Sprite Collision : Precise + Manual?

K

KatoneVi

Originally in GMS, you could use "Precise" collision mask with Manual. Using Manual, you can set a scope of which portion of the sprite to be precise on. Is this funcationality still around? If not, will it come back? If not, why was this removed?

Thanks!

samspade

Originally in GMS, you could use "Precise" collision mask with Manual. Using Manual, you can set a scope of which portion of the sprite to be precise on. Is this funcationality still around? If not, will it come back? If not, why was this removed?

Thanks!
It's still there? I guess I don't know exactly what you mean. Precise by definition means that you aren't modifying the mask as if you are, it isn't precise. However, in GMS you can select manual, and within that selection select precise in which case it tries to be as precise as you've allowed within the bounds you've set.

K

KatoneVi

Exactly. You can't select manual anymore to specify the bounds. Just like you said:

"However, in GMS you can select manual, and within that selection select precise in which case it tries to be as precise as you've allowed within the bounds you've set."

I'm wondering where that is. It is still valuable method to use.