• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Sprite assignment problem

Dirty_Digs

When I try to assign a sprite to an object in the object creator I cannot choose a sprite. Only sprites that are not stored in a sub-file can be chosen actually. When I hover the mouse over any sprites folders the files appear to blink and eventually just exits out of the assign sprite menu. I can get around the issue for now by placing the sprite is the main folder, not in a custom sub folder. After I assign the sprite I can put it back into any folder I want.

Also, none of my objects in the object files have the associated sprite displayed next to the name when browsing through the folders, only a dark box. If I open the object as if I were to edit something then the image appears for that object only.

I feel these sprite issues are related and possibly caused by the recent update. Has anyone else had this issue and is there something I can do to fix it? I have no problem running my game, just editing.

Simon Gust

The sprites are all loading, so if you have many it takes longer. This is normal and annoying but you can't do much about it except not working on choosing sprites for objects until you worked on something else for like 10 minutes.