• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Sprite animation replaced by accident.

Kalidor

Hello.

I had a running animation for the main character in my game that was nearly complete, and I stupidly imported another image in the workspace tab which replaced it.

I don't see a way to undo this. Is there any way I can restore that animation that had 15 of 16 frames completed? Id rather not redraw the animation over from scratch.

Please help.

Thanks.

rIKmAN

You can check the projects sprites folder and hope that there are some leftover old files in there that you can salvage, but if not then I think you are going to be out of luck.

Now might be a good time to look into Source Control so you can regularly commit backups and prevent this happening again, if you do a search on the forum / Google there are a few guides for using the built in Source Control, an external GUI and Git Bash (command line).

For example: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/git-and-github-for-gamemaker.77407/