1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Released Spook 'Em Up

Discussion in 'Made with GameMaker' started by 42ndPotato, Nov 6, 2019.

1. 42ndPotato

42ndPotato Member

It's not exactly the season anymore, but I just released a Halloween-themed arcade game made with GM 1.4 (saving up to get GM2 eventually). https://harry-pollock.itch.io/spook-em-up

(Only a teaser trailer, didn't have enough time to make a full gameplay trailer)

The game is an infinite beat-'em-up, with each round becoming more and more hectic as you go on. The game features a bunch of fun enemy monsters to fight, you'll have to survive as long as possible and hopefully get a highscore in the process!

You play as a ghost, who can't do all that much on his own, but weaken an enemy enough and you'll have acess to the game's main gimmick: possession. You can possess enemies to turn into a brand new playable character, which helps turn the tides in your favour against the endless onslaught of enemies. For the moment being, there are a total of 6 different playable characters.

This is pretty much my first Game Maker project, while it's a fairly simple game, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'd like to eventually add more content to the game, but for now I want to focus on bigger projects.

Toque likes this.
  2. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Well, the teaser is fine, but really shows nothing of the game... How about some screenshots or GIFs? :)

sitebender likes this.
  3. 42ndPotato

42ndPotato Member

Roight, can't believe I forgot about that, here's what I've got:
    Screenshot1.png Screenshot4.png Screenshot3.png Highscores.png

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    sitebender and Nocturne like this.
  4. Toque

Toque Member

Looks great. Video of some gameplay would help sell it.

Japster likes this.