• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Splitscreen won't work distorted views

T

TRANEPRODUCTIONS

so i created a view using a script i created basically

view_enable = true;
if (CID == 1){//player 1
view_visible[0] = true;
view_camera[0] = camera_create_view(0,0,226,224,0,id,-1,-1,320,320);
}
if (CID == 2){//player 2
view_visible[1] = true;
view_camera[1] = camera_create_view(0,0,226,224,0,id,-1,-1,320,320);
view_hport[0] = 768/2;
view_hport[1] = 768/2;
view_yport[1] = 768/2;
}

this is distorting the view and doesn't even help the game look playable.. like the splitscreen is broken is there
a way to un-distort it and un-shrink it ?? it looks weird unlike how gm studio does it's views i have been trying all morning?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
I suspect that you need to tick the Clear Display Buffer flag in the Properties of the room as what you are seeing is the uncleared section of the back buffer

Russell

T

TRANEPRODUCTIONS

i've ticked that on a previous level still doesn't work upload_2017-1-23_12-58-37.png

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
it would need to be done for each room.... as it is not clearing the full screen (so you have rubbish left on screen) also some drivers will use the back buffer for screen surfaces that it thinks is safe

Russell

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Please file a bug (Help -> Report a bug) and attach a link to the project so we can take a look, many thanks

Russell

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If you are changing the dimensions of the view then you need to set the dimensions of the view PORT to match. So, you need to set the view ports for each view to the correct size (which it appears you are doing), but THEN call window_set_size, setting the window size to the combined size of the view ports, otherwise the game window will maintain the size of the initial room and "squash" the ports into that area, giving this issue.

T

TRANEPRODUCTIONS

that didn't work i just got home from work and tried the theory, this is what it looked like
upload_2017-1-23_19-13-10.png

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Please file a bug and attach the project so we can take a look to see what you are doing (Help -> Report a bug and export the project as a yyz File -> Export Project, upload it to Dropbox (or similar) and attach the link to the report)

Russell

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
What size is the application surface? You'll probably need to resize THAT too to match the new window size.

T

TRANEPRODUCTIONS

Alright so I have a code for the application surface something that I've used for along time. I resize it and draw it in the post draw event according to the size of the display if full screen of just the window.