Split screen multiplayer

Pfap

[SOLVED]
Hi all, I was just wondering if there was a way to port 2 rooms to one screen? I'm just starting to work with ports and views and I do find the difference between them to be confusing.

I'm having trouble thinking of a good example of what I'm trying to do, but kind've like a puzzle game where it's a race to clear the screen. Each player would get their own room.

Could I draw 2 separate rooms to a surface before drawing to the screen?

Has anyone done this before?
Any tips or ideas would be appreciated :)

Last edited:
I don't think it's possible to have two rooms at once, but what you would do is just have a room that is larger than the view size of one player and have two layouts of the puzzle game set up in that room, with 2 views each centered on one of the puzzle games and the two puzzle games controlled by separate inputs.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Yeah, it's not possible to "be in" more than one room at once. You'd have to make one copy of the puzzle for each player (preferably by using code to spawn two copies of the layout) and have them be in different areas of a big room.

At least this has the advantage that both players can influence each other directly, if needed. You could try thinking of uses for this if you want to turn the "has to be in the same room" thing to your advantage? :)